Saturday, January 1, 2011

Searey "Guru"

I have had many, many responses and calls from this website. I really appreciate all of your interest and enthusiasm in airplanes!! That is what this web site is all about and it's working to bring us all together!


THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND INTEREST! I PROMISE TO KEEP GOING AND ANSWERING YOUR CALLS AND QUESTIONS!


April 2009; Great News! We have a new business address! It is 6548 Groveland Airport Road,
Groveland, Florida . It is a 5 minute flight from our house! Everyone is welcome here!!!





UPDATE: Sun -N- Fun has taken up ALL my time this week! It is so much fun to fly in formation with other fellow pilot friends! I apologize for not writing more recently, my time is very much in demand during this week long show. I'll write another Tid Bit after the show! I'll keep you posted on how great it was and why you should plan to make it next year!

Last week was my week to spend my time at the worlds 2nd largest Fly-In in the world and it is almost right in my backyard! ( well, not too far, especially if you fly there like I did).
Sun-N-Fun is an amazing fly in to attend! It actually started out with a separate annual migration of Searey's to Garners Seaplane base in Auburndale, FL on April 19th. It was a wonderful time for everyone! I was flying and was in a gaggle formation. We arrived at Garner's and had a great time. The weather was so nice that no one wanted to land right away though! Before the day was over, 33 Searey's had attended from as far away as VA. and Canada.
The Sun-N-Fun event was very interesting with the debut of the newly re-designed ESLX on display. The aircraft has 40 hours on it with a redesigned wing and numerous other enhancements that improved performance. I hope to get the opportunity to fly it soon!
Thursday was "Splash In" day at Fantasy of Flight in Polk City. I flew down there again in formation with my good friend, Gary Johnson . Once again, another fun day! THIS JUST DOESN'T FEEL LIKE WORK! Don't hate me, but I LOVE what I do for a living!!! There were more Searey's there in attendance than any other aircraft. We picked up 6 more Searey's on our flight back for a total of 8 Searey's flying formation. What an awesome sight!
I've never had so much fun doing my job. I think of it as "it's a dirty job, but someone has to do it!".
I flew N221EZ all week and I love that plane! It has just been sold ( it was on my web site and I also had it on Barnstormers for sale) The proud new owner is Chuck Lewis and he is flying down from NH this weekend to get some transition training with my highly recommended Searey instructor, John.
I'm probably going to shed a few tears as I see N221EZ head north, but I'm happy to see it's going to a good home. I have 2 other Searey's for sale, if you are interested , please call me or e-mail for more details.
Happy flying and I'll add another TID BIT soon!

No comments: